Come Join Us in Celebrating the 96th Anniversary of the RCAF
The Royal Canadian Air Force (RCAF) will celebrate its 100th anniversary on 1 April 2024. Leading up to this significant milestone, the RCAF will be holding a series of three Balls in 2020, 2022 and 2024. The first will be held on Saturday, 28 March, 2020 at the Infinity Convention Centre in Ottawa, ON. Lieutenant-General Al Meinzinger invites all RCAF personnel, their family and friends to attend this much anticipated event, which will recognize the contributions of Canada’s aviators from the time of their service in the Royal Flying Corps during the First World War up to the creation of the RCAF in 1924.
The evening will begin with cocktails at 1800 hrs, followed by dinner at 1900 hrs and then dancing until 0030 hrs. Dinner music will be provided by the Canadian Armed Forces Central Band and “One Night Stand” for the dancing.
For a mere $115 + HST per ticket, you will enjoy a fabulous evening of gourmet food, good wine, entertainment and dancing. The following is included with your RCAF Ball ticket:
· Complimentary beverage ticket upon arrival
· Various hot and cold hors d’ouvres during pre-ball reception
· 4 course meal prepared by gourmet chefs (See the full Menu)
· Red/white wine on each table
· Motivating words from our Guest of Honour
· Dinner music provided by the Central Band for the Canadian Armed Forces
· Dancing music provided by local favourites, One Night Stand
· Dinner entertainment by the Military Wives Choir
· Photo-booth provided by Lexibooth – free photos of your choice
· Innovative give-aways to take home (it’s a surprise)
· Door Prizes (including a chance to win a trip for two anywhere PorterAirlines flies – TBC)
· A good time with family and friends of the RCAF
How To Purchase Your Tickets
Tickets for this event will be $115 per person + HST. Ticket sales open on 20 January 2020 and will close on 16 March 2020 (or earlier pending availability).
Tickets can be purchased by visiting the RCAF Association (RCAF-A) Website.
The RCAF Association has graciously provided us with free access to their on-line retail and member management system to purchase our tickets. The process to purchase tickets is as follows:
- Create an account;
- Click on the link entitled event – RCAF Ball 2020. This will lead to the login page;
- Click on New Visitor Registration link and follow the instructions to create an account;
- Once the account is created, click on the online store tab and then on the featured product entitled RCAF Ball 2020 tickets;
- Fill out the registration form to buy the tickets and make payment via the fully secure platform; and
- This will be the only method of purchasing tickets for this Ball. The RCAF is grateful for this important support from the RCAF-A, at no additional cost.
Should you have any questions concerning ticket sales, contact Capt Niomi Caldwell
Ticketing Special Offer
The Canadian Aviation Historical Society (CAHS) is offering a free one-year subscription to the quarterly CAHS Journal (electronic version) to each person who purchases a ticket to the Ball. Please provide your name(s) and email address(es) so that a PDF copy of the four 2020 CAHS Journals can be emailed to you as an appreciation gift for attending the ball. For more information about the CAHS, please see www.cahs.ca
Dress for this event will be Black Tie/Tuxedo, Mess Dress, Suit & Tie or WWI/1920’s period dress for men, and Mess Dress, Formal Gown, Cocktail Dress or WWI/1920’s period dress for women.
A hotel discount for the night of 28 March 2020 has been arranged with the Holiday Inn Express (2881 Gibford Drive), which is right next door to the Infinity Convention Center. Rooms are $154 for a Double Queen and $164 for a Single King. Note if you are military or government employee, you can secure a room at the government rate of $139 + tax. There are limited spaces and the cutoff date is 28 February 2020. To book your room:
1) Call the hotel directly (613-247-9500) and provide dates and block code CAF and the front desk staff will take care of the rest; or
2) Go to www.hieottawa.com and follow the steps below:
- Put in the exact dates of check-in and check-out (they have to coincide with the group block dates)
- Under the box for Group ID enter CAF
- The group rate with the group name will automatically populate.
Questions concerning the RCAF Association Member Management System and on-line store may be addressed to either LCol (Ret) Dean Black, Executive Director or Ms. Wenjun Song, Accountant/Office Manager, at 613-232-2303 or (toll-free) 866-351-2322.