Read this article on How To Conduct a Teleconference – the ‘Rules’ are summarized below:
- Respect participant time by starting the meeting on time
- Remind everyone of the ground rules, how to mute their line, etc.
- Have an agenda and follow it
- Ensure that introductions are made, just like you would at an in-person meeting
- As the chair, listen more than you talk
- Ensure that everyone is heard, specifically ask silent people for their input
- Always end by asking if anything has been missed
- End the meeting on time, or if you need to run late, poll everyone to make sure that they can stay on the line
- Be on time or call in 1 to 3 minutes early;
- Speak slowly and clearly;
- Identify yourself each time you speak, e.g.: “This is…”;
- When addressing someone specifically (i.e. the Chair), say his/her name to ensure you have that person’s attention;
- Use your mute and remember to turn it off before speaking;
- If your cell connection is distorted, drop the call;
- Do not put the call on hold!
Documents required for the Mid-term meeting can be found here at this link.